Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Bad Vibrations v.44 (Favs of '08 Part 1)

Here's Part 1 of 2 favs of the year '08 edition of the show. Had to cram this together a little faster than I would have liked. This is the more rockin' edition, as next week's will be the more experimental & folksy side of things, as well as re-issue stuff. Maybe I'll post a favs of the year list as well, but I'm always forgetting things on those. But my 1 favorite album that came out this year was far and away Kurt Vile's 'Constant Hitmaker'! I hope folks check it out if they haven't already. I'm gonna play a few off it next week so tune in then if yr curious.

So anyways, here's a few bands and songs I enjoyed, and I hope you enjoyed some too. I wish I could do a much longer look back at this last year of music because I think it was truly a great one, and this show coulda/shoulda been much longer.

Bad Vibrations v.43 | Tuesday December 30th | 6pm-8pm
wVvy.org | 93.7 lp fm | Tisbury, MA
(* denotes 2008 releases or re-issues)

Psychedelic Horseshit | Bad Vibrations | Magic Flowers Droned | Siltbreeze
Thomas Function | Nomad | Nomad | Alive!*
Jay Reatard | An Ugly Death | Matador Singles '08 | Matador*
-
Catatonic Youth | Control My Gun | VA- The World's Lousy w/Ideas vol.5 | Almost Ready*
Idle Times | Get Your Feet On The Ground | cd-r | self-released*
Blank Dogs | Ants | On Two Sides | Troubleman*
Blank Dogs | Spinning | The Fields | Woodsist*
Crystal Stilts | Converging In The Quiet | s/t 12" | Woodsist*
Vivian Girls | Where Do You Run To? | s/t | In The Red*
The Submarine Races | Bring Your Girlfriend | Hard To Look At, Easy To See | In The Red*
-
The Long Blondes | Autonomy Boy | Singles | Angular*
Be Your Own Pet | Bitches Leave | Get Awkward! | Ecstatic Peace!*
Little Claw | Race To The Bottom | 7" | Siltbreeze*
Lili Z | That Guy (Is A Real Dream) | The Two Of Us | In The Red*
Cheap Time | Ginger Snap | s/t | In The Red
-
So Cow | Normalcy | I'm Siding With My Captors | Covert Bear*
Electric Bunnies | Chewing Gum | 7" | Florida's Dying*
Electric Bunnies | Bubblebath | 7" | Columbus Discount*
Drawing Guts | Scavengers | Bonanza Special | Pioneer Fiction Inc.*
Jacuzzi Boys | Island Ave. | 7" | Florida's Dying*
Wounded Lion | Pony People | 7" | S-S*
Imaginary Icons | Economics Is Everything | s/t 12" | Daggerman*
-
Thomas Function | Peanut Butter & Paranoia Jam | Celebration | Alive!*
Thomas Function | Can't Say No | Celebration | Alive!*
Nodzzz | In The City (Contact High) | s/t 12" | What's Yr Rupture?*
Nodzzz | I Don't Wanna (Smoke Marijuana) | 7" | Make A Mess*
Wax Museums | Girl Problems | s/t | Douchemaster*
-
Box Elders | Hole In My Head | 7" | Grotto*
ca-USE co-MOTION! | Don't You Know | It's Time! | Slumberland*
ca-USE co-MOTION! | Say What You Feel | It's Time! | Slumberland*
Pains Of Being Pure At Heart | Everything With You | 7" | Slumberland*
Girls | Lust For Life | 7" | True Panther Sounds*
Broken Strings | Eyes Of The World | s/t | True Panther Sounds*
Eat Skull | Waiting For The Hesitation | Sick To Death | Siltbreeze*
-
Ooga Boogas | On Safari | Romance and Adventure | Aaarght!*
Eddy Current Suppression Ring | I Admit My Faults | Primary Colours | Goner*
Eddy Current Suppression Ring | Which Way To Go | Primary Colours | Goner*
Earles & Jensen | Isaac Hayes Was Verbally Assaulted Today | Just Farr a Laugh vol. 1 & 2 | Matador*
FNU Ronnies | Normal Citizen | 7" | Richie*
Pink Reason | Borrowed Time | 7" | Fashionable Idiots*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home